Michael A. Borkowski joined the firm in 1978 and has over 30 years of experience in the accounting field. His current duties are primarily tax-oriented, but he is the firm’s team leader in litigation, valuation, and special projects. Mr. Borkowski has advised banks, law firms, and others on real estate projects, valuation issues, lost profits, and due diligence matters. As a member of the firm’s merger and acquisition team, he has advised buyers and sellers on tax-free reorganizations, purchase price allocations, and deal structuring. Mr. Borkowski actively pursues continuing professional education with courses in areas of tax, business valuations, and business management.
Michael A. Borkowski earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree, magna cum laude, from Western Michigan University in 1977. He became a Certified Public Accountant in 1980 in the State of Florida. Mr. Borkowski is a CVA (Certified Valuation Analyst), a designation granted by the NACVA (National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts) for proficiency in the field of business valuations.
Professional Affiliations & Activities
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Former Director, Broward County Estate Planning Council
- Former Director, Broward County Chapter, FICPA
- Member, Beta Gamma Sigma, National Honorary Business Fraternity, Business Schools
- Past Member, Florida Bar Grievance Committee F, Florida Bar Grievance Committee H. (Broward County, Florida)