Tony Palermo joined the firm in 1988 and became a shareholder in 1996. Tony is the primary shareholder on most small business audit engagements, including specializing in non-profit, employee pension plans and broker-dealers. He provides most second partner reviews on those engagements not directly under his supervision. He also is responsible for the preparation of numerous corporate and individual tax returns. Tony actively pursues continuing professional education with courses in general audit and accounting issues, and unique issues related to non-profits and employee pension plans.
Tony earned his Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Accounting in 1986 from Florida Atlantic University. Tony became a Certified Public Accountant in 1989 in the State of Florida and in 2001 in the State of Vermont.
Professional Affiliations & Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of Florida Institute of CPA Board of Governors
- Former Chair, Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants Peer Review Committee
- Former Member, Seventeen Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee F of The Florida Bar
- Former Director, Broward County Chapter of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Former Member, Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants Committee on Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards
- Former Treasurer and Director, Legal Aid Service of Broward County, Inc.
- Former Director, National Safety Council, South Florida Chapter