Ahearn Jasco + Company ("AJC") has been serving the South Florida area and beyond for more than 30 years. Our firm offers full service auditing, accounting, management advisory and tax services to clients. At AJC we believe in the value of our employees and strive to offer a professional work environment, challenging work, excellent long-term career growth and a friendly work atmosphere.
We are seeking experienced Tax Senior Accountants that will be responsible for preparing tax returns as well as planning, supervising, and reviewing multiple tax and accounting service engagements and other client assignments. These candidates will have experience with a variety of industries, and possess a thorough understanding of individual, partnership, S-Corp, and C-Corp returns and experience with a variety of accounting and financial statement issues.
- Strong accounting skills and tax compliance knowledge, with the ability to prepare and/or review both individual and business income tax returns (Corporations, S Corporations, and Partnerships).
- Working knowledge of Trust and Estate tax returns.
- Experience working with small business clients in providing tax planning services which coordinate planning for the individual owners as well as the business.
- Understands and researches tax concepts with the ability to apply research findings to specific client situations.
- Strong knowledge of IRS codes and the ability to effectively interact and respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
- Ability to run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects and managing to budget.
- Proficient in work paper preparation and has the ability to succinctly communicate and document procedures performed
- Mentors and develops the technical skills of Tax staff.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned by supervisory personnel
- Three to five years of progressive tax experience in a public accounting firm preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills.
- Superior client service skills.
- High degree of accuracy and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Interest in professional growth and learning.
- Strong work ethic, honest and ethical
- Proven analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment and adapt to changes in priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of software.
- Significant exposure with the Prosystem FX software preferred.
If you are interested in working for a local well established CPA firm, please email your resume to HR@ahearncpa.com